Branding is not limited to enterprises only in this period, it could also refer to an item or a person. By using social media, it is easier to build your brand and personality. However, building a brand doesn’t happen overnight as it takes time, effort and dedication.
Now, the question is, why is social media an asset for branding?
As defined, Social Media is a website and application that enables users to create and share content and to participate in social networking. Through this platform businesses and marketers can connect to their target market using this channel. This makes Social Media crucial to building a brand. With the rising popularity of social networking sites, building awareness for your brand has gotten easier.
Here are some social media platforms that are commonly used for better branding:
- Facebook- the biggest and most powerful social network in the world. In the Philippines, 68.1% of its entire population are Facebook users.
- Twitter- an “in the moment” platform, a perfect online marketing tool which allows a business to reach out to people
- Instagram- a more high-end medium for branding. A visual platform designed for people to post, share, comment and engage through digital media.
- LinkedIn- a professional social networking site. Most common to b2b marketing
- Youtube, Foursquare and Pinterest- other social media sites that businesses use but not as much as the other platforms.
Through these platforms, reaching out to your target market, building awareness and promoting engagement is made possible. However, having a social media presence without an appropriate strategy can be just as damaging for your business as no plans at all.
Here are some tips to help you with your branding.
- Set your Goals. Think and decide what your brand should be and where it should go. Remember that your brand must resonate with your target market and should offer something that other brands in the category have not.
- Know your target market. Not everyone in social media is your market. Better have a clear direction as to who your product or service is for.
- Use Social Media. Decide on which social media platform is useful and accessible for your brand and target audience. Should you do a post, a blog, a vlog, etc.?
- Come-up with a Social Network Strategy. After choose which social media platform to focus on, have a plan on how you intend to capture your audience. Including an Advertising Plan is a must for your posts to be seen by your target audience.
- Analyze and Evaluate. Analyze the results of your social media executions so that you can understand how effective it is doing for your brand. Find out what works and what doesn’t.
Know more about branding when you team-up with us. Send us a message and we can schedule a meeting and discuss what we can do for your brand.